Thursday, October 10, 2013

Branding your team

          For regular credit, (1) I wanted to combine a few different things in order to make this logo.  I used the coins in order to show that we were lucky.  I wish I had the ability to make more natural curves because I would have made my own clover for the card, which I transformed from an Ace of Spades to a thirteen card with a clover on it.

          For Senior Designer, (2) all I really did was delete the color layers and all my shapes and symbols became outlines. 

          For Creative Director (3) I just wanted to make something simple. I wanted to make it so that it would be easy to tell what it was even shrunk for a web browser icon.
          You can only use the ideas of others legally if you change them in some way and add in your own new material.  You can't reuse totally the same thing if you don't change it.  If I took the Pepsi logo and popped it onto my project that would be illegal because I wouldn't have changed anything.

          My design went through a few changes before it came out as it did, and I like how it turned out.



1 comment:

  1. I like the design, it is a good simple design that gets the point across. The design could have been improved by replacing the spades under the 13s with clovers. This can be done by right clicking on the layer of the original clover, and then clicking duplicate layer, and using the move tool to move the copy over the spade. The you us the shortcut of CTRL T to enter free transform to re-size the clover and then use one of the corner things in free transform to rotate id 180 degrees. The for the other spade you would duplicate the new clover, and using the move tool you would bring it over the other spade and use free transform to flip it 180 degrees.

    ReplyDelete